Steinberg has released WaveLab 8 audio editing software for Mac & PC at Musikmesse 2013 and also the smaller brother WaveLab Elements 8.
“The eighth generation of WaveLab clearly shows that we continue to invest in providing the highest level of quality, reflected in the wealth of enhancements to existing features while bringing new, advanced mastering and restoration tools by Steinberg, iZotope, Voxengo and Sonnox to mastering studios around the world. I think it’s safe to say that WaveLab is the number-one mastering software for Mac and PC on the market today.”
Steinberg WaveLab 8 New Features:
- Top-end audio editing and mastering solution, acclaimed by numerous professionals around the globe.
- Innovative workspace concept for utmost flexibility and efficiency.
- Powerful speaker management system: intuitive handling of up to eight different loudspeaker setups.
- Advanced EBU R-128-compliant loudness metering, including a loudness graph, loudness meta normalizing and true peak support.
- iZotope MBIT+ high-end master dither for adding a warm and natural flair to every nuance of your audio files.
- Single-window plug-in management.
- Voxengo CurveEQ, Brickwall Limiter, and Tube Compressor for mastering-grade audio quality.
- Master Transport Panel for quick and easy project navigation.
- Enhanced editing workflow with volume clip handles auto-reply option and single-click audio file processing.
- New SuperClip concept, master plug-in section, and drag-and-drop support for files of any sample rate.
- Metadata support for a broad number of file formats.
- 150+ improvements to the user interface, editing, batch processing, in-app help system, and many others.
WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8 will be available from May 2013, and prices start from 549 euros and 99 euros for WaveLab Elements 8.
Update! Check the Wavelab 9