Steinberg announces their new UR44 Audio Interface. This will be available from January 2014. Steinberg UR44 six-in, four-out USB audio interface, featuring comprehensive connectivity, studio-grade sound quality and great software bundle.
UR44 Audio Interface is the perfect balance between connectivity and portability: the UR44 is a powerful audio/MIDI interface designed to suit a huge range of recording and production situations. Four mic preamps, six inputs, four output channels, MIDI I/O ports, onboard DSP power and full iPad connectivity offer an outstandingly flexible feature set.
Pro-level recordings with the iPad
Providing connectivity with Apple’s iPad (V2 or later), the UR44 serves as a portable interface for iPad apps like Cubasis, Steinberg’s streamlined, multi-touch sequencer tailored for the iPad. Perfect for on-the-fly productions and for sketching out musical ideas, Cubasis projects can then be transferred to a computer running Cubase for the next stage of production — while retaining the same audio interface.
UR44 Audio Interface Features:
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface.
- 4 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power.
- 4 analog XLR/TRS combo inputs (mic/Hi-Z on input 1/2 and mic/line on input 3/4), 2 TRS line inputs.
- 4 line outputs (TRS balanced), plus 2 main outputs L/R (TRS balanced).
- MIDI input and output.
- 2 separate headphone buses with individual outputs.
- Latency-free DSP powered monitoring with REV-X reverb and Sweet Spot Channel Strips with any DAW by using the latest dspMixFx technology, including Basic FX Suite VST plug-ins.
- Rugged full-metal housing.
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version.
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, Mac OS X and iOS.
- iPad connectivity thanks to CC mode (with the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit).
Suggested retail price for UR44 Audio Interface is 349 EUR including German VAT.
Also Check: Best 5 Affordable USB Audio Interfaces