UAD Audio have made an emulation of what is considered to be an audio engineering classic the Neve 1073 Mic Preamp as well as the lesser known 1290 module.
The Neve Preamp Plugin combines the sonic attributes of both units and emulates the “Red Knob” Preamp and output amplifier in high detail and is available to owners of UAD hardware and interfaces allowing you to track through the Neve Preamp in real time with your UAD interface with support from the UA’s Unison Technology.
The Universal Audio Neve Preamp Plug-in offers all the features, bandwidth and behaviors of Neve’s original hardware design. The careful modeling of the two-stage “Red Knob” preamplifier and output amplifier, the Universal Audio preamp plug-in reproduces the sound and behavior of the original preamplifier with astounding accuracy.
- Exclusively Neve licensed plug-in emulation of the world’s favorite mic preamp.
- Combines sonic attributes and features of both the coveted 1073 and 1290 designs.
- Models entire Neve class-A transformer/transistor circuit path, including preamp, an output amplifier, nonlinearities, and clipping.
- Variable, physical input impedance and front panel control of gain staging and other preamp parameters via Unison™ mic preamp technology.
- Requires a UA Audio Interface or UAD DSP Accelerator Card available from authorized dealers worldwide.
The Neve Preamp is now available over at the UAD website for 149$.
More Details: Neve Preamp