Metric Halo has released Thump2, a free subharmonic synthesizer and a sub bass enhancer effect available for Windows and MAC OS being in VST, AU, and AAX plugin format.
Thump2 is basically a single audio processor that allows you to synthesize low-frequency audio, to add low end to a track or generate another sound from scratch.
Thump2 take information from the pitch and dynamics of its audio input and use it to control its oscillators. These two oscillators respond independently to the audio signal on the input. With this sub bass synthesizer, you can add low end to drums, toms, snares, augment a bass, create synthetic drones or even re-create the sounds of classic drum synths such as TR-808 drum machine.
- Two independent envelope driven oscillators
- Wet/Dry control for mixing synthesized sound with the source
- Complete control over both pitch and amplitude envelopes
- A dozen presets included to get you started
- Detailed metering
- Adjustable UI size / Disclosable Graphs
- MH Preset Manager – Provides cross-platform presets
Thump2 plugin is available for free at Metric Halo website (email subscription required), and can be used on Windows and MAC OS, being in VST, AU, AAX plugin format for best compatibility with your setup.
More Details: Thump2
You might also like to check Best Free VST Synth Plugins of 2015