PreSonus has released its newest “Studio USB” audio interface, the Studio 2|4 USB. It is a USB bus-powered audio interface with up to 24-bit resolution and a sample rate of 192kHz, as well as two inputs and outputs.
The Studio USB 2 | 4 has two combined Line / Inst / Mic inputs on the front panel, to which even phantom-powered condenser microphones can be connected. In addition, the direct connection of instruments such as guitar or bass thanks to Hi-Z is possible. There are also two audio outputs and a headphone jack on the back. In addition, the “Studio 2 | 4 USB” has MIDI In / Out, so you have everything you need for recording on your PC or laptop already available.
- 2 mic/instrument/line inputs with XMAX-L Class A mic preamps
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS main outputs
- 1 stereo headphone output
- Mixer knob for low-latency direct input monitoring
- Front-panel level controls for main outputs
- +48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- 4 ladder-style LED level meters (2 input, 2 main output)
- USB-C port (USB 2.0)
- 24-bit resolution
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz sampling rates
- Studio One® Artist and Studio Magic Plug-in Suite included
- USB 2.0 bus-powered
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Kensington lock security hole
- USB-C to C and USB-C to A cables included
Like other Presonus interfaces, the “Studio 2 | 4 USB” comes with a version of the in-house DAW “Studio One 4” in the Artist Edition. Also included is the Presonus Magic Plugin Suite.
The suggested retail price is around $ 150 or $ 130. Further information can be found on the page of Presonus: Studio 2|4