Focusrite launches Saffire PRO 26 audio interface special designed for use by both live and recording musicians. Saffire PRO 26 brings a new interface that features a comprehensive selection of professional analogue and digital I/O options.
In total Saffire PRO 26 includes 18 inputs and eight outputs includes four preamps, two instrument inputs, two headphone outputs, six line outputs and ADAT & S/PDIF connectivity.
Like all Saffire interfaces, Saffire PRO 26 will connect to multiple ports on your computer including FireWire and Thunderbolt* ports. Saffire Pro 26 connects seamlessly to a Thunderbolt port via a FireWire to Thunderbolt adaptor (not included) or directly to a FireWire 800 port with the provided cable. Its dual-protocol compatibility (Firewire and Thunderbolt) means it will work seamlessly for years to come with the next generation of computers.
Saffire PRO 26 Features:
- Four award-winning Focusrite preamps
- 24-bit/96kHz conversion and analogue audio
- Multiple connectivity options – FireWire or Thunderbolt
- Keep your USB buses free
- Comprehensive I/O – 18 inputs and 8 outputs
- Expand your interface with up to eight extra analogue inputs
- FireWire bus-powered
- Dual headphone outputs – multiple monitor mixes
- 5-segment LED metering
- Solid build quality in a portable chassis
- Comprehensive software bundle
Saffire PRO 26 ships with a comprehensive software bundle, so you can start recording straight out of the box. Included is a free DAW in the form of Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite’s professional Midnight and Scarlett plug-in suites, Novation BassStation virtual synthesiser and 1GB of Loopmasters sample content.
Saffire PRO 26 is scheduled for market release in 2014 June and will be available for about £299.
Also you can read: Best 5 Affordable USB Audio Interfaces