Punch-BD is based around the BD module of its award-winning Punch drum synthesis/sampler software instrument and allow you to use a total of six bass drums pads. Each pad can be used in drum synthesis or sample mode. You can load via drag & drop, your personal samples in .wav & .aiff formats or use the build-in drum synths with four different effects units. 31 effects are available for each of the four units. Each pad also has its own distortion and EQ.
In Drum MODE you can choose from four synthesis Models, together with a familiar-sounding range of Classic electronic bass drum samples. Also, Rob Papen says “…a nice range of built-in acoustic and fantasy bass drum samples.”
Punch-BD features eight categories of presets: Dance, HipHop, Acoustic, Special, Oddiction, JoMal, Rob Fabrie and Z-old. All sounds have a great, high quality sound (44100 khz stereo wav) and are very comprehensive for many music genres. From classic electronic bass drum samples and smooth bass drums to plastic clicks and clacks sounds, all are in here.
Drum Pads Features:
- Each pad can be used in drum synthesis or sample mode
- 4 different synthesis models and built in 4 classic electronic BD samples and 31 punch samples.
- Dual Sample slot, each with there their own amp / pitch envelopes & filter and filter envelope.
- Each drum has it’s own ‘easy controls’, distortion (20 different models)and output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx channels).
- 3 bank graphic EQ per pad with frequency, bandwidth and gain control
- Tune bypass button per pad to avoid keyboard tuning response in ‘Tuned Stack’ or ‘Tuned Seq’ mode
- Easy bypass button per pad to avoid response of the sound in the EasyPage
- Each drum can be previewed and selected by clicking in the Drum Preview Pad.
- Each drum pad has solo and mute.
- Each drum pad has right mouse menu command functions.
Punch-BD also features 2 envelopes, 2 LFO’s and 8 modulation slots , which allow you to use a wide variety of modulation sources to control Punch-BD’s parameters.
The GUI is very nice designed, in the specific style of Rob Papen plugins, with a very intuitive, easy to use and clean look.
Punch-BD offers many sound design possibilities. Perfect suitable for any music producer and for any music genre approached. EDM, Hip Hop, Trance, House, Techno, Dance, Pop, etc. Punch-BD is the right tool to get the needed kicks and bass sounds.
If you own Punch-BD, don’t forget to rate it using the stars bellow.
You can also read: 10 Best Drum Machines VST Plugins