Pro-Q developed by FabFilter is a professional Equalizer Plugin for mixing and mastering available as VST, VST3, AAX Native and AU plugin for both Windows and MAC (32-bit and 64-bit).
Pro-Q offers everything that a demanding engineer could wish for: top quality linear phase operation in addition to zero latency mode, Mid/Side processing, variable stereo placement of EQ bands, an intelligent solo feature and a built-in spectrum analyzer.
- Highest possible sound quality
- Gorgeous interface with large display for easy and precise editing
- Up to 24 EQ bands
- Operates either in zero latency mode, or in linear phase mode with adjustable latency
- Filter shapes: Bell, Notch, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut with 6, 12, 24 and 48 dB/oct slopes
- Intelligent solo mode makes it easy to tune notch filters and hear the effect of a band
- Each band can operate on the stereo signals or on the left or right channels independently for per-channel EQ-ing
- Mid/side mode where you can EQ the mid and side signals separately
- Multi-band selection and editing for maximum ease and efficiency
- Built-in real-time frequency analyzer with Pre- and Post-EQ modes, adjustable speed and resolution
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- Different display ranges: 3 dB and 6 dB ranges for mastering, 12 dB and 30 dB for mixing
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- MIDI Learn
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
The Pro-Q Equalizer received awards from Computer Music and MusicTech.
The Graphic User Interface brings some wonderful colors and is decently large and very clean.
This Equalizer has exactly two things that any EQ should have: easy to use and it sounds good. The user interface is very intuitive for both novices or for those experienced engineers.
Pro-Q allow you to add a filter where you want without any band restrictions and also you can select and affect one or more bands simultaneously by simply selecting them.
Also the built in spectrum analyzer is very useful and efficient to search those mistakes which usually are not perceived by your ear. All features and innovation of Pro-Q makes it a “must have”.