GG Audio has released a first great product called Blue3. This is a complete optimized synthesizer for organ simulation, and GG Audio has added a second effect plugin called Blue3Rotary.
This effect is giving Tube Overdrive and Cabinet simulations in a second installed plugin. These two plugins Blue3 and Blue3Rotary were tested without any problems (easy setup) in Windows 64 bits format (VST in FL Studio 12.5).
The installer is easy and both plugins are available after a fast scan in FL Studio: Blue3 in generators/synths and Blue3Rotary in the effects section. Blue3 is such an organ simulation by four legendary sound producers.
A very interesting thing about Blue3 is a good CPU usage, it could play Chopin melodies on my second old PC running Windows 7 with all tested presets. On chords, I would freeze (ie. render as wav file) the tracks to avoid CPU % loss.
The Blue3 plugin has beautiful presets, most of them are presets giving organs in a good variety of moods and colors. Organ emulations are not easy to implement. That’s why there are not many on the market.
If you play with editing on the interface and effects added after this Organ with a big O on a track, it can go very well for leads, pads, keys, bass or experimental tones.
The parameters on the GUI have special parts such as Condition, Microphones, and many levels knobs to control everything possible on the modeled tonewheels
The 22 drawbars, divided into upper, pedals and lower, sit at the bottom. Other buttons control the percussions.
For more sound design, there are a number of other parameter controls available, which go even deeper into the matter.
Altogether there are 91 tone wheels from the original A100, B3, C3 and L100 with accurate phase synchronization, with a full polyphony of all manuals.
For the sound, some speaker simulations have been integrated to realize the authentic sound of the Blue3.
Blue3 will get its 2 stereo outputs on channels n and n+1, if set on channel n.
In the DAW it is then possible to use one or both of the stereo tracks by muting or routing to other tracks.
The Tonewheel set menu can output various signals. At this point, if the start of the synthesis map is a classic set of short waves (sinus, saw, square…) or a rompler bank, this could give interesting results when going into the Blue3 synthesis flow.
For different audio sources, the upper and lower pedals part could be something different (ie. merging 4 sources like the Wavestation synthesizer by Korg).
Another way of using Blue3 is taking only the Blue3Rotary plugin on an insert or send effect, it will then display its effect GUI with around 50% of all Blue3 knobs and parameters.
Each parameter of the plug-in is MIDI-automatable and can be remotely controlled by all possible controllers as well as a DAW.
The product page has links for downloads and it includes a great 42 pages PDF manual with a lot of information.
At a glance…
- 91 modeled tonewheels
- Full polyphony for Upper, Lower and Pedal manuals
- 2 sets of Stereo Outputs, Main and Direct (before Tube Overdrive and Cabinet simulations)
- Includes separate plugin Blue3Rotary (just Tube Overdrive and Cabinet simulations)
- Adjustable tonewheel crosstalk, leakage, wow & flutter and transformer saturation
- Turn foldback on/off for 16′ drawbar
- Continuously variable drawbars
- 9 contact key and busbar simulation
- Adjustable decay time for pedals
- Adjustable volume and decay times for percussion
- Adjustable vibrato depth and chorus mix
- 2 types of tube overdrive simulation (classic & high gain)
- 2 rotary cabinet simulations (classic & high power custom) and guitar amp cabinet
- Front stop and Memphis configurations for the rotary cabinet
- 6-way tonewheel level scaling
- 31 tonewheel sets from actual vintage organs
- Adjustable drawbar levels
- 3 band output equalizer
- Completely adjustable speed and ramp times for the rotary speaker
- Microphone spread, distance, balance and placement controls
- Accurate phase synchronization between all the tonewheels
- Accurately modeled manual tapering and loudness robbing
- Extensive MIDI controller mapping
- Low Memory/Disk usage very low CPU usage
This Blue3 synthesizer and Blue3Rotary effect are impressive plugins for keyboardists and sound designers, with audio sources based on modeled tonewheels. The synthesis workflow is powerful and easy to use on the plugin interface.
For more details, you can download the PDF manual on the product website and see that many features are interesting to explore in Blue3 and Blue3Rotary by GG Audio.
More Details: Blue 3