Cockos releases Reaper 5.0, a new version of their music production software that comes with many “under the hood” optimizations and new improvements.
Changes in Reaper 5.0:
- FX: VST3 support, sample-accurate automation for VST3 and JSFX, FX browser improvements
- Massive improvements to video support, including real-time programmable track and item effect processing
- Control grouping: Flexible, automatable VCA control. Link groups of track controls together at any point in the signal flow
- ReaScript: API and scripting improvements, including a built-in development environment for creating and debugging scripts in LUA, EEL, or Python. Create anything from simple macros, to complex new functionality
- Performance: updated default worker thread scheduling logic for lower CPU use, disabled anticipative FX processing on tracks with open MIDI editors, by default. Automatically disable anticipative FX in routed-to tracks for open MIDI editors.
- FX parameter automation: Full automation and MIDI/OSC learn support for per-take FX, improved FX envelope and modulation management via the Project Bay, increased automation recording speed
- New GUI layouts, Media Explorer improvements, metronome beat patterns, Opus support, MIDI note-off editing, new volume envelope modes, new actions and API functions, and many other fixes and improvements.
- Extra fancy new theme, many layout choices for different uses (small, large, meters, live recording, media, item), better track panel and item tinting appearance
- and much more…
Reaper music production software by Cockos is available for Windows and MAC OS X priced at $60 (discounted license) or $225 for commercial license. Also if you want to try this DAW, a fully functional 60-day evaluation version is available on the official website.
More Details: Reaper
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Is It Bad to Use Music Loops as Music Producer?
7 Best Free Guitar VST Plugins For Producers
How To Make Basic Drum Tracks Inside FL Studio