FabFilter Volcano 3 is a new major version of the Volcano filter plug-in, introducing new filter shapes, drive, enhanced sound, modulation visualization and much more.
Volcano 3 sees the introduction of a completely reimagined interface, a raft of new vintage-style filter shapes, per-filter saturation control, full visualization of modulation sources and targets, and much more.
Nothing beats a vintage sounding, gritty and creamy cut-off filter. That’s exactly what FabFilter Volcano has been known for since its first release in 2005. Today, Volcano 3 continues to deliver the best in creative filtering with new non-linear filter shapes and a completely redesigned interface that is an absolute delight to work with.
With its smooth workflow, no-limits flexibility and dazzlingly authentic analogue sound, it’s the first-call plugin for creative filtering.
“The FabFilter Timeless 2 modular delay and Fabfilter Volcano 2 modular filter have been our favourite delay and filter plug-ins for a while now.”
Non-linear, vintage filters
Volcano 3 contains four analog-sounding filters with flexible routing, each offering many filter shapes including non-linear bell and shelf filters. Different filter styles offer saturation and self-oscillation at high peak settings, just like classic, vintage filters.
Easy drag-and-drop modulation
With all the XLFOs, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need, Volcano 3 offers endless modulation possibilities. Setting up new modulation connections could not be easier: just drag and drop.
Finally, you get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, extensive help with interactive help hints, NEON and SSE optimization, and much more.
- IMPROVED – Fully redesigned, highly simplified interface, with an easier workflow, including a new design of modulation sources and floating slot panel
- NEW – Added new, vintage-sounding EQ-type filter shapes with the internal drive and non-linearities: bell, low/high shelf, notch and all-pass
- Ultra-flexible filter routing, including per-channel and mid/side modes
- IMPROVED – Various interface sizes and full screen mode
- IMPROVED – Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need
- NEW – Introduced Drive setting per filter, adjusting the internal filter saturation, which allows for much more variety in sound and smoothness
- IMPROVED – Improved the sound quality of overall feedback, the filters, and internal saturation
- NEW – Live modulation visualization for targets and sources
- NEW – High Quality option, enabling maximum internal oversampling for the best results
- NEW – Level/Pan per filter, which is especially useful when using parallel filter routings
- NEW – 6 dB/oct filter slope option
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features
- IMPROVED – Carefully designed and curated factory presets, plus support for earlier Timeless presets
- IMPROVED – Large interactive filter display with optional piano display
- Interactive MIDI Learn
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats
There are no reviews yet.