The only synth you need to create a hit!
Many people say that Electra3 is the most powerful synthesizer on the market. This is a bold claim, but why is it true? Tone2 Electra breathes new life into the term “synthesizer workstation”. With its powerful and sonically versatile approach to audio production, it provides you with truly outstanding new sounds.
The instrument is equipped with a high-end quality sound engine with multi-layer support and a wide range of music-production features. It’s friendly, easy to use interface allows first-timers to easily create sounds and enables experts to delve into sound-design as deeply as they want to.
With Tone2’s high-end technology at its core, you’re not only working with the best sound quality possible, but also a lower CPU usage and larger palette for creating original sounds than with any other type of workstation.
Electra3 comes with an astounding collection of 1439 production-ready sounds by professional sound designers. A smart patch browser gives you an instant overview of all the available categories and sounds. Just pick the sound you want – it’s that easy.
Multi-layer = power4
Playing with Electra3 is a lot of fun because the multi-layer architecture allows you to create impressive tracks just by pressing a single key. “Multi-layer architecture” means that you have access to four synthesizers at the same time and all within one interface.
Each of the four layers is as an independent, full-featured multitimbral synthesizer consisting of up to 108 oscillators, dual multi-mode filters, a flexible modulation system, an effects section and its own arpeggiator. Together with this and the 15 different types of synthesis available, it’s guaranteed that your sound design possibilities are virtually endless.
You can edit your sounds layer-by-layer, or edit multiple layers simultaneously. Separate synthesizer layers can be saved and loaded, allowing you to simply grab a layer you like from a patch and load it into another patch.
You can combine different layers, mix different types of synthesis, use keyboard splits and use different play modes like Poly, Mono, Legato or Glide per synth layer. Most of the patches that come with Electra3 already use multiple layers so mixing and merging your favorite patches into a new multi-layer sound is extremely simple.
Samples have never been so easy to use
Electra3’s sample capabilities go far beyond normal playback. Load and manipulate your samples in ways that are impossible with other synths or samplers. Samples can be automatically tuned when loaded. Electra3 makes sure that your samples always play back at the highest quality possible.
Play back samples in single or loop mode. Use the loop markers to set your own loop points. An easy to use auto-loop function allows click-free loops with no hassle. The sample engine offers an edit menu with a wide selection of sample edit options, as well as no less than 24 effects to further process your samples. Special Quick-import-sample- and Quick-vocoder menu options are provided to guide you through setting up a sample or vocoder patch. Just follow the on-screen directions and Electra3 will do all the work for you.
Your custom sample content is stored automatically with your songs or as a compact and compatible fxp file. You won’t need to deal with broken songs, missing files or managing huge archives as in conventional samplers. With a higher sound quality than competing products, using samples together with synthesis has never been this easy: import your own samples, edit & process them where needed, and play.
Oscillators and Synthesis
With an incredible selection of 15 different types of synthesis, Tone2 Electra truly is the “Swiss Army Knife of synthesis methods” (Beat Magazine). Its versatile synthesis engine can easily replace a studio filled with hardware.
The synthesis types range from traditional ones such as the classic Virtual Analog, Wavetable, Subtractive, Samples, Phase Distortion and FM synthesis, up to Physical Modeling, Ultra-saw, Vocoder, Sync, Ringmod, PWM, Noise, Wave-shaping and Tone2’s exclusive Fractal synthesis.
Each synthesis type was designed with the utmost attention to sound quality, musical potential and low CPU usage. They offer enormous scope for sound-creation, being limited only by your own imagination. Let your creativity run wild! You can mix different types of synthesis within single or multiple layers, import samples, re-synthesize a waveform or use a vocoder on one of the layers.
You can literally build any sound imaginable and open up whole new worlds of sonic capabilities in innovative and inspiring ways.
Electra3 contains two multi-mode filters with 42 unique filter types, and includes three tone controls, as well as multi-mode distortions. The filter types range from traditional analog filters like Moog Low-pass, High-pass and Band-pass and digital ones like Vocal, Phaser, Aliaser and Fractal. Many of these filter types are exclusive to Tone2 and are not available in any other product.
The filters are able to self-oscillate producing a wide range of timbres for further sculpting your sound to perfection. Most of the filter types use a special Analog control, which allows you to vary the amount of analog behavior applied by the filter.
The filter section comes with two displays, which show the frequency response of the filter in real-time. This makes it easy to understand, how the filter affects the audio signal.
A dual distortion unit completes this section with 18 different modes, ranging from classic tube pre-amp distortions, to fuzz-box type distortion, self-sync and including wave-shaping.
Summary of key features:
- Four synthesizers in one interface
- High-end sound quality
- Huge sonic range
- High flexibility
- 15 different, combinable synthesis methods
- Free support and updates
- Psychoacoustic processing and automatic microtuning
- Low CPU load, multi-core processor support
- Easy to use
- 4x multitimbral, 4x stereo unison
- Over 3000 sounds in 1439 presets by professional sound designers
- 42 exclusive filter types
- 67 oscillator types
- 64 effect types; Master effect section with Equalizer
- More than 1000 waveforms
- 64×4 voices
- Midi learn
- Realtime displays
- Drag & drop modulation
- Can import samples in wav and sfz format
- Can export samples in wav format
- Standalone version for PC
- Flexible preset management
- Context sensitive help
Summary of features per synthesizer layer (x4):
- Several playmodes: Monophonic, legato, polyphonic, glide
- 3 multi-synthesis oscillators
- Dual multi-mode filters
- Dual multi-mode distortion/waveshaper with 18 types
- 3 LFOs (global or per voice), a Step LFO / Gate, BPM syncable
- 17 Sine-LFOs (free-running)
- Four Envelope generators
- 13 Decay-Envelopes
- Insert effect, BPM syncable
- Flexible modulation
- Key splitting
Summary of synthesis methods & OSC features:
- Sample playback and import of own samples with loop support
- Resynthesis function and the ability to load own waveforms
- Ultrasaw (up to 18 detuned oscillators per voice)
- Fractal (a completely new synthesis method)
- Physical modeling
- Phase distortion
- Exclusive oscillator types
- Soft sync, hard sync
- Analog oscillator modeling
- Fat tuning
42 exclusive filter types:
- 13 analog modeled filters with self oscillation: Low-pass/High-pass/Band-pass 12dB/18dB/24dB, Ladder, Butter, Filter-FM
- High precision digital filters: Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Notch, Tone
- Equalizers: LowShelf, HighShelf, Peak, Wide
- Special types: Phaser, Comb+, Comb-, Vocals, Vocals2, Vocal AM, LP Shaped, LP AM, LP Elliptic, BP Boobs, M-Shape, Aliaser, Ringmod
- Exclusive fractal filters
- Physcial-modeling String, Physical-modeling Flute
Mac OS X
- Mac: macOS 10.12 or higher / macOS 11 / macOS 12 / macOS 13, 64bit Intel or M1 or M2
- Plugin formats: VST, Audio Unit (AUi), VST3, Standalone, Universal Binary Native support for M1 and M2
- PC: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / 11
- Plugin formats: VST (64bit), VST3 (64 bit), Standalone (64 bit)
User-friendly copy-protection: No dongle, no cloud, no data-collection, no need to be online, does not install an additional ‘license-manager’ or driver.
No Returns on Software. Once your software is activated it is not eligible for returns.
There are no reviews yet.