More than a Great-Sounding EQ
SplitEQ™ is a groundbreaking EQ that offers a fundamentally new approach to corrective and creative audio equalization. It excels at Repairing, Rebalancing, Enhancing, and Widening any musical source or audio signal.
SplitEQ is both a surgical tool for fixing particularly nasty problems and a creative tool as it opens up exciting new musical possibilities. More than just an EQ — It’s a new and better tool.
By Musicians For Musicians
SplitEQ reduces the distance between what you want to do and how you actually do it, and with fewer tradeoffs than other EQs. On a normal EQ, a low-shelf boost on a kick drum will yield muddiness rather than delicious oomph.
A low cut on a low male vocal removes plosives but at the expense of low-end richness. SplitEQ gives you the surgical control to address the problematic part of a sound without losing the magic and without the need for additional tools.
SplitEQ is not just a corrective tool, it is also a new type of creative tool for taking your mixes to new heights through its independent L/R and Mid/Side panning.
With SplitEQ every source is split into a pair of sonically distinct elements offering your music, mixes, and audio signals an extraordinary new level of musicality.
With SplitEQ you can hear and even see your sound in new ways. Our Structural approach mimics the way in which we interpret sound and our spectrum display offers an inside look into what you’re hearing. Solo only the transients, or a single band, or only the transients on a single band.
Use the real-time spectrum analyzer to track down problematic resonances or transients by displaying the tonal and transient streams separately. SplitEQ adds a new dimension to your trouble-shooting toolkit.
Prepared for Repair
Our team took all the knowledge they had about recording, threw it out the window, then headed down to the studio to lay down some badly recorded tracks.
- Double-headed kick drum with no port? Check.
- Ill-advised mic placement on snare? Check.
Why? To prove that SplitEQ works well on a wide range of sonically challenged material. We’ve created an entire folder of presets for those less-than-perfect recordings.
- World-class 8-band parametric EQ with pristine musical filters
- EQ Transient and Tonal parts of a sound separately using Eventide’s patented Structural Split™ technology
- Control Transient and Tonal Output levels
- Enhance the stereo-field with continuous Transient and Tonal panning controls (L/R and Mid/Side modes)
- Control the underlying Split technology for fine tuning and experimentation
- Globally scale the EQ curves together or independently
- Peak, Notch, Bandpass, High Shelf, Low Shelf, Tilt Shelf, High Pass, and Low Pass filter types with slopes from 6 to 96 dB/octave
- Innovative real-time spectrum analyzer displays the Transient and Tonal streams independently
- Comprehensive Presets Library includes 150+ presets
- A/B buttons allow quick auditioning of two presets or settings plus Undo/
- Redo functionality
- Resizable GUI with zoom options
- Three Color Schemes: Original, Dark and Colorblind Accessible
Mac OS X
- macOS 10.9+, Intel and Apple Silicon
- AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
- Windows 8+
- AAX 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
An iLok account is required, but no physical dongle is necessary. Create a free iLok account here.
We test our desktop plug-ins in Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Studio One.
Patented Technology: The SplitEQ product is covered by United States Patent No. 10,430,154.