Note-based audio editing
Melodyne 5 Studio grants you unrivaled access to all the musical details in your recordings and samples – note by note.
This is made possible by a sophisticated analysis that delves deeply into your recordings and samples, and recognizes and understands the musical relationships within them: the individual notes and their characteristics, the scales, keys and chords, the timing, the tempo, the tone color.
And with Melodyne you can edit all these things intuitively. With vocals, but every type of instrument as well – including polyphonic ones, such as the piano and guitar.
Notes and tools
In Melodyne, notes are represented by blobs. By manipulating these with Melodyne’s powerful tools, you can edit (among other things) the pitch, vibrato, volume, sibilants, length, timing and formants of each note.
In this way, you can enhance in a musical yet straightforward manner the intonation, phrasing, dynamics and timbre of a performance. While ingenious algorithms ensure your editing’s almost always inaudible, sensitive, natural.
- Notes instead of waveforms. With Melodyne, you see the notes in your recordings and samples, and can manipulate and modify them at will. Even with polyphonic instruments like the piano and guitar.
- Tools and macros. Edit intonation, melody and harmony, but also rhythms and grooves, dynamics, formants and much more. Using intelligent macros or – with great precision – by hand.
- Multitrack Note Editing. See and edit the notes of multiple tracks simultaneously in a single window. Only Melodyne makes music this transparent and tangible.
- All that counts musically. Melodyne also recognizes chords, keys, tunings and tempos. And the editing functions for these important musical parameters are just as comprehensive as for the notes themselves.
- Innovative sound design. Access the overtones of your instruments directly and change their tone color in unique ways. Using an ultra-musical equalizer, resynthesis and morphing.
- Compatibility and user-friendliness. Melodyne can be operated via ARA or as a plug-in directly in a DAW. Or even as a stand-alone program. Its flexible interface adapts perfectly to the requirements of each situation.
Why Melodyne is better?
That Melodyne sounds so good and is so simple to use is based on two things. The less important is the technology. The decisive factor is its understanding of the music. Melodyne identifies the notes and the relationships between them. It is only as a result of this knowledge that Melodyne’s algorithms are able to “think” and operate in such a musical way.
The benefits to you as a musician and producer include the famously superior sound of Melodyne and many other advantages that software lacking this understanding of musical contexts is incapable of offering.
- Grammy Award-winning technology, including DNA Direct Note Access.
- Exceptionally musical and intuitive note-based way of working.
- The Algorithms: Melodic (with Sibilant Detection), Percussive, Universal, Polyphonic.
- Multitrack Note Editing – edit multiple tracks in a single Melodyne window.
- The complete Melodyne toolkit.
- Macros for correcting intonation, timing quantization and levelling – even across tracks.
- The Chord Track and Chord Grid with automatic chord recognition.
- Tempo detection and editing.
- The Sound Editor, offering unique control overtone colours.
- Comprehensive functions for the editing of scales, tuning systems and temperaments.
- Inspectors for quick access to all parameters.
- Polyphonic audio-to-MIDI export.
- Full compatibility: VST 3, AU, AAX, stand-alone.
- Integration via ARA Audio Random Access (depending on the DAW).
- OS version: Windows 7 or newer
- CPU: 2.8 GHz SSE (i7 based 3.7 GHz recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software: VST2 compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
- OS version: Mac OS X 10.7 to Mac OS X 10.15
- CPU: Intel based 2.8 GHz (i7 based 3.4 GHz recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Software: VST2 / AU compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Instant activation code (serial) delivery! No Returns on Software. Once your software is activated it is not eligible for returns.
There are no reviews yet.