Explore Additive Synthesis
Loom II is a major upgrade to the original, pushing the boundaries of additive synthesis. Loom II is ideal for all skill levels. Whether you’re starting out and just experimenting in this space or you’re a bonafide expert, the instrument grows with you.
Loom II is an award-winning modular additive synthesizer with a shape-shifting Morph Pad that makes it easy to create rich, swirling and captivating sounds.
The original Loom was considered a triumph of its time when it was launched. Now, Loom II builds on this with unique and powerful new features as requested by our loyal users.
Loom II takes a unique modular approach to additive synthesis, a synthesis technique that involves combining simple waveforms together to create complex sounds, by enabling anyone to select from and combine 34 editable modules. Create anything from wobbles, organs, ethereal pads, ambient soundscapes and so much more.
The programmable Morph Pad brings your Loom II patches to life by morphing between user-defined variations of your patch, adding motion and momentum that continuously evolve.
Mix & Match Modules
Loom II delivers up to 512 harmonic partials per patch and uses an intuitive modular design to create complex sounds quickly and easily. Each of the 34 editable modules performs a specific sonic task—Octaver, Second Tone, Moving Filter, Noise, Linear Lowpass, Modulator, etc. The Loom II framework provides a series of cells, where up to 10 of these modules can interact combine to generate an additive synthesis patch.
Each module includes task-specific parameters for detailed, individual control of the patch. For real-time visual feedback of your sound, each module includes a spectrum window, offering a visual indication of how that module is affecting the individual harmonics of the sound.
In Loom II we have added four new powerful modules:
- 5-Sines – An easy-to-use module enabling you to produce a range of organ or sine style sounds.
- Discrete Adder – Similar to Loom 1’s popular adder, but adding a discrete spectrum ideal for creating percussion-based synth instruments.
- Hype – adding Hi and Low Hype with dedicated easy-to-use controls for instant results.
- Double Wave – for our more advanced users: Use dual waves to create complex synth patterns. We have also added a dedicated control for this in the Morph pad.
Make Your Music Move
Loom II’s Morph Pad is a powerful tool that adds dynamics and movement to your patches. Using a condensed set of control knobs, Loom II enables you to quickly create up to four variations of your sound, and assign each one to different quadrant of the Morph Pad. Point, click, and drag anywhere on the Morph Pad to create a morph path.
As the sound moves along this patch, you will hear it morph in real time between your four variations. This morphing can be free-form, or set to sync up to a particular musical unit—1 bar, 4 bars, etc. Plus, each segment of the morph path can be synced individually. In Loom II, we have expanded our highly-acclaimed morph pad by allowing Points/Paths to be stored and restored separately.
We have also added a new X-Axis mode enabling it to perform like an envelope, which is ideal for rhythmical morph patterns. For this new mode Snap/Grid is also available. Additionally, for expanded creativity you can now use parameters not linked to the Morph.
New for LOOM II:
- Loom II has been expanded to 8 voices by popular request!
- Spectral Noise section allowing a secondary oscillator to replace or enrich the additive spectrum (created with the Sine Oscillator) with a noise spectrum. This is truly revolutionary in the additive world. Your creativity is the only limit to what is possible!
- 4 new modules (See module section)
- 2 additional Subharmonic Optional Partials below the normal spectrum.
- Enhanced Morph Pad options.
- 500 all-new patches covering a wide range of sounds designed by acclaimed sound designers Richard Devine and Mark Ovenden.
- All original 350 patches re-mastered taking advantage of the new features.
- New Wave Parameter options
- 20+ other performance enhancements.
- Mac OS 10.10 – 12x
- Intel Core i5, i7, 2.3GHz processor or M Series chips
- 4GB RAM (8 recommended)
- 1 GB free disc space
- Internet connection
- Windows (x64) OS 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
- Intel Core i5, i7, 2.3GHz processor or higher
- 4GB RAM (8GB’s recommended)
- 1 GB free disc space
- ASIO sound driver
- Internet connection
Digital license code delivery: You will get your unique iLok serial number via email in seconds after the purchase is complete.
No Returns on Software. Once your software is activated it is not eligible for returns.