Propellerhead releases Parsec for Reason, a new spectral synthesizer for the Reason music production software for Windows and Mac.
Parsec adds a new style of synthesis to the rack and allows for a wealth of brand new sounds, textures and noises.
Technically Parsec is an additive synthesizer, based around two advanced oscillators consisting of 512 partials each that are sculpted through two “modifiers”. There are 2 envelopes and 2 LFOs that can modulate parameters. There is also a delay and a reverb that add to the sonic palette, and a modulation bus, familiar to users of Propellerhead’s Thor synth.
- Additive synthesis without taxing your CPU—or your brain.
- A new palette of inspiring synth sounds for the Reason Rack.
- It’s a vocoder too, with modulation from Parsec’s audio input.
- Amazing sound bank with inspiring sounds for electro house, bass music, minimal techno, electronic indie and pop, far-out experimental, and more.
- Based on interesting algorithms that encourage experimentation without requiring technical knowledge of additive synthesis.
- Integrated with the Reason rack: control Parsec from other sources; run audio through it; combine it with other instruments.
- Two engines that make up a single sound. Use one engine for the attack and another for sustain. Or use both at the same time for ultra thick tones!
- Super-flexible internal routing with plenty of modulation sources.
You can get The Parsec Rack Extension for 99 EUR / $119 USD. Check Here