Ozone 6 (demo version) was first presented to the public at AES 2014 event in Los Angeles from October 9,12. It seems that iZotope team have moved faster and managed to release the commercial version on the market soon enough.
Ozone 6 is a creative mastering platform that enables both project studio producers and mastering engineers to easily add a final level of professional polish to their mix.
The modern new workflow is centered around creativity. A fully redesigned interface and real-time visual feedback in every module assist users in creating masters with ease.
- Choose from a wealth of digital and analog filter shapes including Baxandall bass and treble, API-inspired Proportional Q, Band Shelf, and resonant High and Low Shelf.
- Get insightful feedback via multiple views: Full Spectrum view, Main view, and All Bands view.
- Capture the spectral characteristics of your favorite mix and apply them to your master instantly with the refined Matching EQ controls.
- Achieve targeted equalization with Mid/Side and Left/Right processing modes.
- Make precise EQ tweaks by zooming in and out in both time and frequency.
- Recreate analog character by adding subtle phase delay to digital filters with variable Phase control.
- Get precise control for deep cuts with digital filters in Surgical Mode.
- Compare your mixes with a powerful spectrum analyzer.
- Easily see how your EQ choices affect the signal with unique visualizations of phase delay and group delay by frequency.
As iZotope Product Manager, Brett Bunting says: “Our goal was to create an elegant visual aesthetic and fluid workflow, in order to bring the creative elements of mastering front and center and allow users to define their own sound.”Whether you use Windows or MAC, Ozone 6 is available in VST, AU plugin formats but also as a standalone application, where you can directly access the software without the need of a DAW.
Ozone 6 is available in standard and advanced versions with more features, including the new Dynamic EQ module. Ozone 6 is priced at $249 USD and Ozone 6 Advanced is priced at $999 USD.
Until November 13th, 2014, Ozone 6 is available for the introductory price of $199 USD and $599 USD for Ozone 6 Advanced version.
More Details: iZotope Ozone 6