Here are some interesting, new microphones presented at Musikmesse 2015 event, which takes place in Frankfurt, Germany (15 – 18 April 2015).
RNT Tube Microphone by sE and Rupert Neve
sE and Rupert Neve unveils the RNT tube microphone, designed in collaboration with Mr. Rupert Neve. Though Mr. Neve is best-known for his discrete, class-A designs, his very first consoles were actually tube-based, and he agreed that a tube circuit was right for the RNT.
The RNT mic features a three-position high-pass filter and nine-step polar pattern dial going from figure-eight to omni and everything in between.
“A tube has a lot of qualities which are very desirable, and it has a particular quality of sound to it. If you get the size of the diaphragm of the microphone right, and you get the frequency response and the directional properties, and all the myriad of other qualities right, it is symbiotic with the tube’s performance.” says Mr. Rupert Neve.
The RNT has an MSRP of $3,495 USD.
More Details: RNT Microphone
AT2020 USBi Microphone by Audio Technica
Audio Technica brings this year at Musikmesse the AT2020 USBi cardioid condenser microphone. AT2020 USBi is compatibble with iOS, offers USB conectivity and offers 24-bit/96 kHz sampling and a 20-20,000 Hz frequency response. This microphone can be used with any iOS device, MAC or PC and comes packed with the original USB connector and the Lighthing cable.
- Condenser microphone with digital output for convenient, high-resolution recording
- High-quality A/D converter with 24-bit/96 kHz sampling rate for superb, high-resolution audio
- Smooth, extended frequency response ideally suited for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording and voiceover use
- Mic gain control allows you to adjust input level on the mic itself
- Tripod desk stand with folding legs for secure and easily portable tabletop use
- Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS X and iOS
- Included USB and Lightning cables provide ready connectivity to computers and iOS devices
- Recommended retail price of £179 inc VAT / €239 inc VAT
More Details: AT2020 USBi Microphone
D112 MKII Microphone by AKG
AKG unveils this year at Musikmesse the D112 MKII, a professional dynamic bass drum microphone, successor to the company’s legendary D112 microphone.
“The D112 has earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the best kick drum microphones ever made, for its high SPL capability, punchy EQ and bulletproof construction.” said Erich Gaertner, product line manager, AKG
This new microphone is the pinnacle of low-end performance for bass drum and bass guitar on stage and in the studio/for project studio and stage applications.
- Integrated flexible mount – makes it even more versatile
- Bass resonance volume chamber – for unique, punchy sound
- Large diaphragm dynamic microphone – delivers accurate low frequencies
- Integrated hum-compensation coil – keeps noise to an absolute minimum
- Industry benchmark for bass drum microphones – used on stages worldwide for over 30 years
More Details: D112 MKII Microphone