Steinberg introduces at MusikMesse 2014 event the WaveLab 8.5 audio software featuring new and easy file conversion and batch processing, A/B comparison between encoding formats, AAC encoder implementation, and convenient multi-format rendering.
This update marks an important step forward for the eighth iteration of WaveLab, focusing this round on encoding and processing audio files in a most efficient way. – Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
WaveLab 8.5 accelerates workflows for essential audio tasks such as batch processing, file rendering, and working with encoders. These include an automated drag-and-drop batch processing feature, simultaneous output to multiple files and formats, real-time A/B comparison of codecs and their settings as well as a dedicated AAC encoder.
Features of WaveLab 8.5:
- Top-end audio editing and mastering solution, acclaimed by numerous professionals around the globe
- Advanced EBU R128-compliant loudness metering, including a loudness graph, loudness meta normalizing, and true peak support
- Sonnox Restoration Suite, error correction tools, spectrum-editing and analysis tools with 3D and global analysis
- Watch Folders batch processor using standard folders of the operating system to process and render audio files
- Encoder Checker for quality comparison of the most popular audio codecs
- AAC encoder for compatibility to iTunes as well as further broadcast and online streaming formats
- More than 40 plug-ins including iZotope MBIT+ high-end master dither, Voxengo CurveEQ, Brickwall Limiter, and more
- Intuitive speaker and plug-in management, professional editing toolset for precise cutting and high-resolution zooming
- DDP image creation and extensive metadata support
The WaveLab 8.5 full retail version will be available from June 2014 as a boxed version from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop.