Steinberg introduces at MusikMesse 2014 event the WaveLab 8.5 audio software featuring new and easy file conversion and batch processing, A/B comparison between encoding formats, AAC encoder implementation and convenient multi-format rendering.
This update marks an important step forward for the eighth iteration of WaveLab, focusing this round on encoding and processing audio files in a most efficient way. – Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
WaveLab 8.5 accelerates workflows for essential audio tasks such as batch processing, file rendering and working with encoders. These include an automated drag-and-drop batch processing feature, simultaneous output to multiple files and formats, real-time A/B comparison of codecs and their settings as well as a dedicated AAC encoder.
Features of WaveLab 8.5:
- Top-end audio editing and mastering solution, acclaimed by numerous professionals around the globe
- Advanced EBU R128-compliant loudness metering, including a loudness graph, loudness meta normalizing and true peak support
- Sonnox Restoration Suite, error correction tools, spectrum-editing and analysis tools with 3D and global analysis
- Watch Folders batch processor using standard folders of the operating system to process and render audio files
- Encoder Checker for quality comparison of the most popular audio codecs
- AAC encoder for compatibility to iTunes as well as further broadcast and online streaming formats
- More than 40 plug-ins including iZotope MBIT+ high-end master dither, Voxengo CurveEQ, Brickwall Limiter and more
- Intuitive speaker and plug-in management, professional editing toolset for precise cutting and high-resolution zooming
- DDP image creation and extensive metadata support
The WaveLab 8.5 full retail version will be available from June 2014 as boxed version from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop.