Tascam brings at MusikMesse 2014 the UH-7000, a 4×4 USB compact audio interface that features microphone preamp.
The UH-7000 is a pro-level microphone preamp and audio interface, designed with a strong focus on low noise and high audio quality. Not only can this unit be used as a 4-in/4-out audio interface in a DAW production environment, but as a standalone microphone preamp and AD/DA converter. The built-in HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) microphone preamps are newly designed with low noise and high audio quality. These impressive mic pres perform at −128dBu EIN, a 117dB signal-to-noise ratio and distortion ratio of 0.0009% or less.
The grand nature of the UH-7000’s sound is partially due to the careful attention spent on selecting parts. In addition to the Burr-Brown PCM4220 ADC, PCM1795 DAC converters and thin film metal resistors, installed is a powerful TCXO clock generator with +/−1ppm precision.
The units half-rack size makes it easy to install at a studio console or work desk. The thick aluminum panels on the front and sides of the full-metal body increase stability. Highly important but easily forgotten are the smooth-tension aluminum input level knobs for precise level adjustments.
The UH-7000 microphone preamp and audio interface enables composers, musicians and recording engineers to produce music in their private quarters at a level only reached in professional studios.
Features of UH-7000:
- USB 2.0 audio interface
- 4 inputs and 4 outputs
- 24-bit / 192kHz audio resolution
- Burr-Brown PCM4220 AN and PCM1795 DA converters
- Built-in DSP mixer for monitoring, switchable between multitrack and stereo modes
- Line and digital outputs can be selected via the DSP mixer
- DSP effect processor can be applied to inputs, outputs or master (compressor, noise supressor, de-esser, exciter, EQ, limiter/low-cut)
- DSP Reverb send with hall, room, studio, live and plate types
- Link feature allows for controlling the volume of amplified monitors
- Two large knobs for the input levels
- Two 20-segment LED meters
- +48V phantom power
- TRS output
- 2 balanced XLR inputs and outputs
- Max output level: +24dBu
- 2 balanced TRS analog inputs
- XLR digital inputs and outputs with AES3, EBU and S/PDIF format support
- Half-rack format
- Aluminum enclosure
- RoHS Compliant
Also Check: Best 5 Affordable USB Audio Interfaces