Fluid Audio presents at MusikMesse 2014 the new FX8 coaxial active studio monitors.
Unlike any monitor in it’s price range, the FX8s employ a dual concentric driver – sometimes called a “coaxial”. Coaxial drivers, found in such world renowned monitors as the Manley ML10, sound great because all frequencies coming from the tweeter and woofer radiate from the exact same position. This is critical for accurate off-axis response as well as phase coherence. The built-in waveguide provides it with wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot.
- Bi-amplified design with 130 watts of Class A/B power for coherent and accurate sound reproduction
- 8″ low frequency drivers with composite paper cones for powerful and dynamic lows
- Coaxial mounted 1.2″ silk dome hi-frequency drivers with integrated waveguides create a flat response and point-source accuracy
- Optimized, front-loaded slot port for direct radiating low frequency energy
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced. 1/4″ balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, interfaces, etc
- Unique fader volume control on front baffle for easy access
- External amplifier heat sink to maximize efficiency while keeping temperature low
- Includes two acoustic isolation pads.
The FX8 will be available in April at 389€ per pair (street price).
Also Check: Best Affordable Active Monitor Speakers