Kilohearts announced the Multipass, a new modular band splitter plugin effect which allows combining effect modules for virtually unlimited possibilities.
Multipass offers unprecedented ease of use in modular sound design and processing. His main design is centered around the concept of modules, “snapins” (17 module plugins), that can function on their own as regular plugins or as building blocks in snapin hosts. The first “snapin” host to leverage the new platform is Multipass, a multiband effects plugin.
Snapins available at launch: Bitcrush, Chorus, Comb Filter, Compressor, Delay, Disperser, Distortion, Faturator, Filter, Formant Filter, Frequency Shifter, Gain, Hass, Limiter, Phaser, Pitch Shifter, Resonator, Stereo and Trance Gate.
“With Multipass I think we’ve succeeded in making something that’s really easy and fun to do very powerful things with. This is all just the beginning though, since we have invested into building a plugin ecosystem that will continue to evolve over time. New snapins, as well as new plugins hosting them… I’m really looking forward to what we can and will do with this platform in the future.” – says Anders Stenberg, CTO of Kilohearts.
- 5 configurable frequency bands
- 2 LFO modulation sources with multiple shapes
- 2 Envelope modulation sources, working either as amplitude followers or ADSR envelopes
- LFOs and Envelopes can be retriggered both by MIDI note or audio input
- MIDI modulation by note, velocity, pitch-wheel, mod-wheel, pressure and up to 3 custom controllers
- Sidechaining (on select snapins), both against external sources and internally between bands
Multipass is available as a digital download in VST and AU (32-bit/64-bit) plugin formats for both Windows and MAC systems. It will cost you about $99 / €89.
No public beta versions are currently available!
More Details/Buy Link: Multipass
Also see: Multipass Review