Akai Professional has introduced MPC Element along with its new software platform, MPC Essentials. With dimensions similar to popular tablet computers, MPC Element is Akai Professional’s most portable MPC yet, and it’s also the most affordable with a price of $149.99 USD.
The essential instrument for computer-based music production, MPC Element brings powerful music-making capability to your computer in a slimline design that’s made to produce. You get cutting-edge features, including MPC Note Repeat and Swing, along with the all-new MPC Essentials software. With the included 1GB sound library, MPC Essentials empowers you with the essential sounds of modern music production, and you can easily import your own sound samples.
MPC Essentials can operate standalone and can also work seamlessly with your current DAW as a plugin. MPC Element comes with everything you need to make music right away, and, because it operates via standard MIDI, you can also use MPC Element to control MIDI music software you already have. An 1/8-inch MIDI input and an 1/8-inch MIDI output are both onboard and 1/8-inch to 5-pin MIDI cables are included.
MPC ELEMENT HARDWARE FEATURES:
- Fuses legendary MPC beat and song creation capability with the power of your computer
- 16 backlit, multicolor pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC Note Repeat, Full Level, 16 Level, and Tap Tempo
- Includes MPC Essentials software (download), 1GB sound library, up to 8 pad banks
- Slim low-profile design with integrated cover to protect control surface
- USB-powered, no power adapter required, USB cable included
- Compact design just 14mm thin fits easily into a laptop bag
- Brushed aluminum control surface with bright backlit buttons
- Standard MIDI for use with most popular software
- 1/8-inch (3.5mm) MIDI input, 1/8-inch MIDI output, cables included
MPC ESSENTIALS SOFTWARE FEATURES:
- 32- and 64-bit music production capability
- Works standalone, no DAW required, with MPC Element for seamless music creation
- Works with your current music software (DAW) as a VST, RTAS, or AU plugin
- Run virtually unlimited instances in your DAW simultaneously
- 1GB sound library with all the essential sounds of modern music production
- Import your WAV and AIFF sound samples and assign them to any pad
- Up to 8 pad banks (assign up to 128 pads), 4 samples and 4 insert effects per pad
- Hosts VST plugins and automatically maps controls
- Export to WAV and AIFF