Arturia launches at MusikMesse 2014 the MiniBrute SE analog synthesizer, a special edition of their MiniBrute analogue mono synthesizer.
MiniBrute SE is a revolutionary analog synthesizer from Arturia that redefined the price/performance/sound ratio of modern synths. Updated with a new Step sequencer and stylish good looks, the MiniBrute SE is designed to perform.
Its 100% analog audio signal path features a VCO wave mixer, the classic Steiner-Parker multimode filter, as well as numerous analog innovations such as the Metalizer, Ultrasaw, and the Brute Factor™. Boasting a complete MIDI, CV and USB connectivity, MiniBrute is right at home with your computer or your vintage synths, making it the ideal companion to deliver a pure analog blast anywhere you go.
Thanks to its full MIDI/CV/USB connectivity, MiniBrute is designed to fit seamlessly in any modern or vintage studio.
- MIDI In/Out : Sequence MiniBrute from your computer’s MIDI interface and DAW, or any other MIDI-Out enabled gear you have. Alternatively use MiniBrute as a master keyboard for your DAW or other MIDI-enabled equipment.
- CV In/Out : Chain MiniBrute to your vintage synthesizer, or modular, to get a beefier sound. Expand, control and sequence MiniBrute from your vintage equipment. Use MiniBrute to control your vintage synths (It conforms to the classic 1 Volt per Octave scaling system). Use MiniBrute as a MIDI to CV converter.
- USB In/Out: Sequence MiniBrute directly from your computer’s DAW without needing a MIDI interface. Use MiniBrute as a USB-MIDI controller, use MiniBrute as a USB MIDI to CV converter.
- Audio In: Process any external sound through MiniBrute’s filter, VCA and Brute Factor™ circuit. MiniBrute can be used as an analog powerhouse for adding warmth, grit and filter effects to drums, guitars, vocals, and more. It will alternatively generate automatic basslines from percussive sounds by switching the Gate source selector to audio.
MiniBrute SE can also be used as a MIDI to CV Gate interface, ensuring the link between your computer-based studio and your vintage gear.
MiniBrute SE Specifications :
- Monophonic synthesizer
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
- Full Function Step Sequencer :
- 6 sequences with up to 64 steps each
- 4 swing setting
- 6 Playback modes
- 4 Gate timings
- Steiner-Parker 2 pole Multimode Filter (Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass and Notch)
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator with Sub-Osc (Square, Sine, -1 & -2 oct)
- Oscillator Mixer (Sub, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, White Noise, Audio In)
- Signal Enhancers :
- Pulse Width Modulation
- Ultrasaw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms
- Metalizer bringing extreme triangle harmonics
- Brute Factor™ delivering saturation and rich harmonics
- LFO1 with 6 waveforms (Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square, Random Square, Random Sine) and bi-polar modulation destinations (to PWM & Metalize, Pitch, Filter, Amplifier)
- LFO1 clock syncable to Arpeggiator (Arpeg, or free).
- LFO2 with selectable rate and 3 vibrato modes (trill up, trill down, sine)
- Two ADSR Envelope Generators with selectable slow/fast speed (from 1 millisecond to more than 10 seconds)
- Keyboard Tracking on the VCF Cutoff
- 25 note semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch (assignable to Cutoff or Vibrato amount)
- Mod Wheel (assignable to Cutoff, Vibrato, or LFO amount)
- Pitch Wheel (with selectable bend range)
- Octave selector from -2 to +2 octaves
- External Analog Audio Input
- CV In/Out controls: Pitch, Filter, Amp
- MIDI In/Out with 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB MIDI In/Out
- CV Gate source selector (Audio/Hold/Keyboard)
- 1/4” Audio Output and 1/4” Headphone Output
- Tempo knob
- Tap tempo
- MIDI Sync
- Wooden side panels
- Rugged brushed Aluminium enclosure
- 12V DC 1A power