IK Multimedia intros iRing motion controller for iOS devices – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
iRing uses patented advanced image-recognition, motion control and precise geometric positioning technology to give you control of assignable parameters within your apps. It uses the front-facing camera on your device to determine the exact position of the wearable rings, and recognizes and tracks the movement of the linear or triangular patterned iRing “rings” allowing you to control up to six parameters at a time.
Making music and creating killer real time effects for nonstop dance music and grooves is now easy and as simple as moving your hands… something you probably already do. So get the groove going and take control with your hands and iRing.
- Ring controller, in tandem with either of two included apps featuring advanced motion-tracking technology, allows remote control of iOS app and app parameters using hand gestures.
- Great for musicians and non-musicians alike.
- Includes two identical, two-pattern reversible rings, allowing for numerous control combinations and the control up to 6 effect parameters simultaneously with two hands.
- Rings are unique looking, light, comfortable and provide a universal fit.
- Included iRing Music Maker app allows novices to make music using hand gestures.
- Included iRing FX/Controller app lets musicians and DJs create custom MIDI control setups, plus add and control audio effects when used together with other music apps via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus.
iRing will be available for $24.99 USD/19.99 EUR (exc. taxes), and will be available in Q1 2014. Also iRing will come in three colors: white, green and silver.
Pre-orders are already available on the IK Multimedia online store.
iRing FX/Controller and iRing Music Maker apps will be available as free downloads from the App Store.