iMIDIPatchbay Advanced Instrument Control is a new app for iPad that will help you to organize the whole MIDI setup from one central point.
Let’s say you want to play the internal piano sound in combination with a string sound of an external sound expander, but the latter should only be triggered by keys higher than middle C. For that, you need to a) select the piano sound on the keyboard, b) select the string sound on the sound expander, and c) make the expander only respond to notes higher than middle C. Although this is a small example, it still can be tricky if your sound expander has a small display and tiny buttons. And when performing on stage, you definitely have to switch both devices to the right program before starting to play. Everything becomes more and more complex if you intend to use more sounds and if you want controllers like pitch bend or sustain to affect only a subset of the active sounds.
iMIDIPatchbay makes building such configurations a lot easier than it has ever been before.
- Create split and layer configurations very easily
- Send volume and other control changes (reverb, chorus, pan) to your sound devices
- Send program changes to your sound devices
- Transpose sounds in octave steps
- Filter controller data (sustain, pitch-bend, modulation, expression, aftertouch)
- Store configurations as programs for later recall
- Switch programs of iMIDIPatchbay from another app or MIDI device via program changes
- Switch programs while holding down keys or holding e.g. the sustain pedal without getting stuck notes
- UI which is optimized for live usage
iMIDIPatchbay is available for 29.99 USD at App Store
LATEST BLOG POSTS
How To Use MIDI Loops In Music Production
Build Your Own PC For Music Production – Buyer’s Guide
Best PC Computer Setup For Music Production (Budget $1000)
Is It Bad to Use Music Loops as Music Producer?
7 Best Free Guitar VST Plugins For Producers
How To Make Basic Drum Tracks Inside FL Studio