Korg announced the iM1 Synth app for iPad (iOS). iM1 app reproduces the sound of legendary M1 music workstation from 1980s, one of the best selling synth of all time.
“A complete reproduction – and more – of the legendary M1 that defined an era Mobile digital synthesizer for the iPad.”
Beside the original features iM1 also brings some new features not available on the original M1 synth. A good example is the Kaoss Pad interface for playing phrases and adjusting the sound parameters using the iPad’s touchscreen.
- Advanced Integrated System with 8 parts
- 3,300 sounds (incl. all expansion sound cards) and 34 effect types
- MIDI program change, Virtual MIDI and Bluetooth MIDI
- Virtual keyboard and performance via external MIDI keyboard
- KAOSSILATOR-style “Touch Scale”
- Gadget-style “Smart Keyboard”
- Usable as a Darwin gadget within the Gadget app (Programs only)
- Compatible with KORG Legacy Collection M1 format (.m1all file type)
- Inter-App Audio, Audiobus 2 support, Core MIDI
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad
The Korg iM1 synth app for iPad is currently priced at $19.99 USD until June 30th 2015 as a special introductory sale. Regular price after this promotion will be $29.99 USD.
More Details: Korg iM1