Tone2 presents Icarus, a new software synthesizer for Windows and MAC producers with ‘3D wavetable synthesis’.
What is 3D wavetable synthesis?
Icarus is a ‘3D wavetable synthesizer’, because the popular traditional wavetable synthesis, which is capable of cross-blending waveforms, has been extended with an additional dimension for morphing. Wavetables can be manipulated with 54 different morph modes in real-time.
As a result, Icarus can create sounds with lots of dynamic expression and movement. Many of these sounds can not be created by other synthesizers.
Many animated displays give visual feedback instantly and make tweaking accessible to anyone, regardless of the skill level. A customizable interface allows to pick the favorite colors. With several instances of Icarus loaded at the same time, it’s possible to show single instances with different color schemes. This helps to keep the orientation within complex projects with many tracks.
The audio engine offers a huge sonic range and is very versatile. It is able to reproduce all important synthesizer sounds. Additional to this it can create lots of exclusive sounds which are not possible with other synthesizers. It offers the highest possible sound quality with low CPU requirement.
What can you do with ICARUS?
All classic synthesis methods, 3D wavetables, morphing, resynthesis, vocoder, 53 effects, 3×10 stereo oscillators, hypersaw, supersaw, unison, additive synthesis, dual stereo filters with 62 filter types…
Vocoder and speech synthesis:
Icarus software synth is able to ‘sing’. The included vocal patches are not just simple ‘vocal samples’ which are played back – it is real speech synthesis. As a result, these vocal chants are never out-of-tune. They are correctly time-stretched for the ‘right groove’ and synchronize to the song’s BPM rate automatically. The built-in vocoder module allows the creation of custom phrases with a mouse-click.
The innovative resynthesis function in Icarus allows it, to rebuild nearly any sound with a mouse-click. The new algorithm gives better results and is easier to use than traditional methods.
- 3D wavetable synthesizer: Wavetables can be morphed in several dimensions
- Powerful and flexible sound engine with true stereo architecture
- High-end sound quality with low CPU requirement
- Easy to use interface with direct visual feedback
- Huge sonic range
- Many exclusive sounds, which are not possible with other synthesizers
- Perfect for modern, as well as all other music styles
- Over 1000 sounds by professional designers
- Patch browser and flexible preset management
- New resynthesis method, which is easy to use and gives good results
- Modular effect section with 53 effects
- High-quality vocoder with 1024 bands
- 3 oscillator blocks, each offering up to 10 stereo oscillators, which can play hypersaws, unison, stacks or chords
- 54 different morph modes (FM, PWM, formant, phase distort, sync, …)
- All morph modes can be combined with any kind of wavetable or hypersaw
- Wavetable editor with many features
- A wavetable generator can create completely new wavetables
- Waveforms can be painted using the mouse
- Additive spectrum editor
- Import and export of wavetables/waveforms from other synthesizers
- Dual multi-mode filter section with 62 filter types and 8 distortion types
- Arpeggiator with advanced features like chords, glides, swing & shuffle
- Fast and punchy envelopes
- LFOs with audio-rate modulation speed and BPM sync
- Flexible mod matrix
- Midi learn support
- Dynamic microtuning to enhance chords
- Customizable user interface with 40 colors schemes
- Detailed manual in English and German
We had the opportunity to test the ICARUS software synthesizer since Beta phase, you can read our exclusive review here: ICARUS Review.
Icarus synthesizer is for Windows and MAC, priced at 149 EUR/ $199 USD:
- PC formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, 32 bit standalone, 64 bit standalone
- Mac formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, 32-bit Audiounit, 64-bit Audiounit
Update: Tone2 Icarus 2 Available In Store!
LATEST BLOG POSTS
TimewARP 2600 Software Synthesizer Review
Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro Available Now for iPad
Acoustic Phase5 – Korg Berlin’s New Method Of Synthesis
Bitwig Studio 5 DAW Is About To Be Released
10 Best Music Production Software (DAW) For Producers In 2023
Which are the main benefits of VST3 plugin format?
IMAGINATE – VERRE
SUMMER HOUSE VOCALS