TASCAM has released the Hi-Res Editor, a new free software that allow you to playback, edit and export DSD files without converting them to PCM audio format. Also Hi-Res Editor can be used to separate one long performance into individual tracks or to combine two DSD files into a new file.
- Native DSD audio editing and playback, at sampling rates from 2.8MHz to 11.2MHz
- Set in and out points with waveform audio display for trim/export
- Set overall gain of file (PCM files only)
- WAV file editing and playback support up to 384kHz/32-bit
- Convert PCM sampling frequency and bit depth
- Split long files into multiple tracks
- Combine function joins two audio files into one
- Convert audio files from DSD to PCM or vice-versa
- Uses standard ASIO 2.1 audio drivers
- Runs on Windows (using Windows Standard audio driver or ASIO 2.1)
Computer system requirements:
- Windows7 32 bit SP1 or later /64 bit SP1 or later
- Windows8 32/64 bit
- Windows8.1 32/64 bit
- Audio driver: Windows standard driver(WASAPI), ASIO2.1
Hi-Res is easy to use, and is one of the few existing applications that you can use to edit native DSD master recordings.
For now this software is avilable for free download for Windows, but the developer promise a Mac OS X version ro be released soon.
More Details: Hi-Res Editor
LATEST BLOG POSTS
TimewARP 2600 Software Synthesizer Review
Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro Available Now for iPad
Acoustic Phase5 – Korg Berlin’s New Method Of Synthesis
Bitwig Studio 5 DAW Is About To Be Released
10 Best Music Production Software (DAW) For Producers In 2023
Which are the main benefits of VST3 plugin format?
THE KRAKEN VOL 1