Matt Tytel intros Helm, a free soft synth available as a standalone synth or as a VST, AU, AAX plugin format for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Dual oscillators with cross modulation and up to 15 oscillators each
- 32 voice polyphony
- Interactive visual interface
- Powerful modulation system with live visual feedback
- Unison and Harmony mode for oscillators
- Oscillator feedback and saturation for waveshaping
- 7 filter types with keytracking
- 2 monophonic and 1 polyphonic LFO
- 12 different wave-forms
- Lots of modulation sources including polyphonic after touch
- Simple arpeggiator
- Step sequencer
- Effects: Formant filter, stutter, delay
The Helm synth is currently available in beta version, and because is a genuinely free software you can even make changes on the source code and redistribute the plugin with your modifications. Helm is available for free download via Matt Tytel’s website.
More Details/Download: Helm Soft Synth