Tokyo Dawn Records in collaboration with Variety Of Sound release SlickEQ, a free for download mixing/mastering equalizer designed for ease of use, musical flexibility and impeccable sound.
Three (and a half) filter-bands arranged in a classic Low/Mid/High semi-parametric layout offer fast and intuitive access to four distinct EQ modes, each representing a set of distinct EQ curves and behaviors. An elaborate auto gain option automatically compensates for changes of perceived loudness during EQ operation. Optionally, SlickEQ allows to exclusively process either the stereo sum or stereo difference (i.e. “stereo width”) without additional sum/difference encoding.
An advanced 64bit multirate processing scheme practically eliminates typical problems of digital EQ implementations such as frequency warping, quantization distortion and aliasing.
Highlights and features:
- Intuitive, yet flexible semi parametric EQ layout
- Full featured, modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics
- Carefully designed 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure
- Three EQ bands with additional 18dB/Oct high-pass filter
- Four distinct EQ models: “American”, “British”, “German” and “Soviet” with optional non-linearity
- Four output stages: “Linear”, “Silky”, “Mellow” and “Deep”
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (“stateful saturation”)
- Highly effective and musically pleasing loudness compensated auto gain control
- Oversampled signal path including stateful saturation algorithms
- Stereo and sum/difference processing options
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more
SlickEQ plugin is available as a free download for both Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More Details: SlickEQ
You might also like to read: How To Use An Audio Equalzier