Sound-Base Audio releases Retro Boy, a free for download chiptune synthesizer VST plugin for Windows.
Retro Boy is a virtual analog chiptune synth/emulator. Chiptune or otherwise known as 8-bit music is music or sounds synthesized by the sound chip of computers, video game systems, and most handled gaming systems. Retro Boy features a single oscillator that has seven waveshapes: 12.5% pulse, 25% pulse, %50 pulse, saw, triangle, sine, and noise.
Due to the simplicity of the design, Retro Boy doesn’t have much of an impact on the CPU. This is mostly because it’s single oscillator with 1 to 4 voice range, optimized modules, and lightweight HQ graphics.
Retro Boy Features:
- Single oscillator with seven different waveforms: Pulse 1 (12.5% duty cycle), Pulse 2 (25% duty cycle), Pulse 3 (50% duty cycle), Saw, Triangle, Sine, Noise.
- Volume, vibrato, decimation, ADSR envelope, and voice control (adjustable from 1 to 4 voices).
- Low CPU usage, <1% on an i5 processor.
- Windows XP/Vista/7 (Windows only)
- 512 MB RAM (1+ GB recommended)
- Pentium III or better (or AMD equivalent)
- SSE processor support
- DAW or host for VST
- ASIO driver recommended
Download Retro Boy for free.