Odo Synths new release Dream 64 V2, an new version of their awesome SID chip inspired synthesizer as a VSTi plugin for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an sid emulator just a plugin that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music.
Its inspired on the SID chip from the old but good commodore c64 Of course with some extra features for the fun.
Main Features of Dream 64 V2 VSTi:
- 5 Sequencers with 8 steps Al sequencers have a start and end loop But start always at step one
- Every sequencer has is own BPM rate or all have one Free Rate (manual)
- 1 Wave table sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect)
- 2 Arp sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note
- 3 Extra octave sequencer
- 4 Ring modulation sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note
- 5 Filter sequencer
- Oscillator with 4 waveforms and ring modulation mode
- Waves are saw triangle pulse noise. The noise is very special it can be pitched by key or fixed.Fixed is nice for percussion effects Also you can pitch it on the GUI. Octaves from -3 to 2
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from c to c3 and one c4 note
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BMP rates and free ( manual)
- The LFOs can start at gate/free/first (first=host sync/Start when you hit play)
- Destinations of the LFOs are picth/pulse/ring osc and Filter
- 2 modulation envelopes ( with BPM re trigger That extra feature i like )
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer
- filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass
- Random for most of the controls
- Rest most of the controls