Rhythmic Robot releases Shortwave, a new synthesizer sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt, based on the sound of shortwave radio transmissions.
Shortwave is a chaotic, randomised, unconventional soundscape-generating synthesiser. It allies a four-operator additive synth engine based on analogue, unstable sine waves to two “interference generators” that bring the power of the uncharted shortwave spectrum to bear on your sounds. It excels at unusual, drifting, evolving textures, pads infused with the background hiss and atmospheric static of the aether, and cinematic ambiences that pull you away from the normal and out into the upper atmosphere. It’s a strange beast, that’s for sure.
“A fantastic instrument to integrate and layer within your mix to successfully give a track that organic, sound design flavour… it’s extremely pliable, encouraging users to explore and create their own sounds. [Shortwave has] a more abstract sound palette than the more mainstream sample libraries and helps to bring elements of sound design and music together – perfect for giving your track that atmospheric, soundscape quality.” – Emily Appleton Holley, music and sound designer for screen
Shortwave Kontakt Library Features:
- Four-operator additive synth plus two Interference Generator banks, each with 111 sampled shortwave noises
- 49 factory patches to start you off on your sonic adventures
- Glitch control randomises your patches for instant inspiration
- Includes IR modelled radio speakers captured through both studio condenser mics and old-style graphite mics
- Ideal for pads, washes, ambient textures, evolving drones, effects, experimental sounds and everything ethereal
- Kontakt .nki sampler instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt
- Sampled at full 24-bit
- Requires NI Kontakt version 4.2.3 or later (including Kontakt 5 and above)
This NI Kontakt Sample Library is available for £29.95 GBP.
Check the newest Kontakt Libraries