VirSyn releases microTERA, a powerful iPad application featuring a waveshaping synthesis engine, able to produce a wide variety of sounds that can’t be reproduced by other instruments.
Waveshaping Synthesis is a type of distortion synthesis that can create dynamic spectra in a controlled way. In waveshaping, it is possible to change the spectrum with the amplitude of the sound. A simple example of this method is the clipping caused by over-driving an audio amplifier.
These simple method creates an astonishing variety of sounds which are very unique and can’t be reproduced by any other contemporary synth!
microTERA gives you also a method of getting randomly generated sound patches in a way you never experienced before: roll the dice! Every single try gives you a new unique sound patch, really every try, promised…
Effects included: chorus, phaser, distorion, echo, delay and reverb.
- Wavehaper with user programmable shape
- Spectral shape specification
- Three sine oscillators
- Feedback input for noise components
- 4 Low frequency oscillators
- 4 Envelopes with tempo sync
- 64 time/level segments per envelope
- Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices
- Over 150 factory sounds
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Can trigger single notes and chords
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability
- 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
- Audiobus compatible (Input slot)
- Inter App Audio compatible
- CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI
- Audio recorder with Metronome
- Upload to SoundCloud and File Export
- Audio pasteboard