TAL (Togu Audio Line) is a small company from Switzerland that created in recent years some great high-quality instruments and effects plugins. Besides the commercial plugins, in the list below you will find four freeware synthesizer developed by TAL.
TAL-Elek7ro is a virtual analog synth featuring improved alias hard-sync oscillators and frequency modulation, new developed fast envelopes and lfo’s with a wide range from 0.1Hz up to 400 Hz, a routable envelope with attack and decay is also available. This synth is useful for a wide range of sounds from percussion to deep bass sounds.
- 2 oscillators with hard-sync, PW and FM (saw, pulse, triangle, sine).
- 1 sub oscillator (saw, rectangle).
- 1 noise oscillator.
- 18dB or 12dB nonlinear analog modeled low pass resonance filter.
- Mono mode, including portamento.
- Poly mode, up to 6 voices (not CPU optimized for poly mode).
The U-NO-62 VST plugin is a polyphonic virtual analogue synthesizer with a unique filter sound. An original JUNO 60 is used as reference for the oscillators and filters.
Like the original, this freeware plugin is capable of self-resonance and thus could be used to some degree as a tone generator.
The filter section also features controls for envelope amount and polarity, LFO modulation and keyboard tracking. In addition, a non-resonant high-pass filter is provided to thin out lower frequencies.
The U-NO-62, notwithstanding, few parameters, can make a wide range of different and exciting sounds.
This is a virtual analog bass synthesizer especially created for bass, acid sounds and effects. It’s based on a robust core and has the usual controls of analogue hardware synthesizers.
A unique -18dB low pass filter with a lot of asymmetric and random components introduce a warm and analogue sound. Very fast, nonlinear envelopes are also a part of this synth.
- Bandlinited oscillators (saw, pulse).
- Sub-oscillator: square -1 oct., square -2 oct., pulse -1 oct, pulse -2 oct.
- -18 dB/octave low-pass filter (resonant/self-oscillating).
- LFO (frequency: 0,1 .. 30 Hz, waveforms: sin, tri, saw, rec, noise).
- Very fast nonlinear envelope (A: 1.5ms..4s, D: 2ms..10s, S: 0..100%, R: 2ms..10s).
- Simple Arpeggiator (up, down, one octave mode).
- 2x Unisono Mode.
- Panic button.
TAL-NoiseMaker is an improved version of TAL-Elek7ro and has a completely new synth engine and a lot of improvements in sound and usability. The synth also includes a small effect section with a reverb, chorus, and a simple bit crusher effect.
A display shows the knob and slider values. This allows more control over the synth. A ring modulator and a syncable triangle are also part of this synth. TAL-NoiseMaker includes new filter types as the self-resonating 6dB low pass and a notch filter. Its improved amplitude ADSR is very suitable for slow pads as for really fast envelopes. 128 factory presets included, 80 made by Frank “Xenox” Neumann / Particular – Sound.