Sample Magic release Magic AB, a useful VST/AU/RTAS audio plugin that allows the music producer to switch between the audio they are working on in their DAW with up to 9 reference tracks.
Another tip from well-known producers has always been to compare their own mixes with those of well-known artists in the mixing process. This is the only way you can ensure that your own track can be compared to current productions in terms of sound. A good example is the use of exciters. There is often a tendency to exaggerate this effect. If you then compare your own track with a chart production, the excessive use is immediately apparent.
There are many ways to compare with reference tracks inside your DAW, but it always involves a lot of detours. You have to switch individual tracks on and off, adjust the volume manually, etc. It’s different with Magic A/B. The plug-in is simply loaded into the master track and up to 9 tracks can be loaded via the interface for comparison.
All common audio formats are supported: MP3, AIFF, WAV, M4a, and AAC.
Sample Magic AB Reference Plugin Features:
- Shape mixes: Fire up Magic AB and shape the sound to a commercial track
- Compare multiple mixes: create and save ‘go-to’ playlists to radically speed up mixing and mastering
- Hone in on the details: play/cue the reference track from the precise point you want to hear and loop the section you want to focus on – there’s no need for tiresome rewinding and endless internal waveform navigation
- Balance the relative volume of mixes: with extensive, accurate, easy-to-read metering – particularly useful for critical mastering sessions
- Give the user’s ears a chance to re-calibrate: with manually changeable crossfade times
Also read: Importance of using reference tracks