Embertone has released Friedlander Violin, a new Kontakt 5 Sample Library. This virtual violin instrument features over 3500 samples recorded in high quality for best performance.
We set out to create a virtual violin with malleable, intuitive controls, and an authentic, LIVING sound. From the beginning we wanted control over vibrato and dynamics, so we presented Dovid with an insane, almost athletic challenge: to record more than 3500 samples with musical purpose and a beautiful tone, and all WITHOUT VIBRATO! This gives you your own layer of expressivity… a variety of musical parameters at your fingertips so that you can craft and phrase authentic performances.
Friedlander Violin Kontakt Library Features:
- True legato programming + True Portamento’s as well
- Neighbor borrowing round robin option
- Custom, genius Kontakt scripting by Andreas Lemke
- Many NKI files (we’re not sure just how many yet!)
- 3500+ recorded samples
- 3.5 GB installed
- Sample resolution: 48 Khz / 24 bit stereo
- Kontakt 5 Player Compatible, 32/64-bit, MAC/PC compatible
Runs as a stand-alone application, VST® or Audio Units plug-in, RTAS® under Pro Tools 7/8 .
Price for Friedlander Violin: $110 USD