Arturia, in partnership with Bob Moog, has released one of the most famous series of synthesizers: Moog Modular.
Arturia’s Moog Modular V is an excellent and affordable way to experience the classic Modular Synthesizer.
Whether recreating the abstract tonal qualities of the classic electronic soundtracks, or pushing forward the sonic boundaries of today, the Moog Modular V is the synthesizer of choice for sound exploration, anywhere, anytime.
Arturia uses “TAE” – True Analog Emulation to create a nice and warm and very close re-creation of the original Moog sound.
It has all the vibe and the fat sound of the original, cleverly combined with important contemporary features like polyphony, MIDI control, loading and saving of patches…
Moog Modular V Features:
- Lower CPU utilization on Mac OSX
- Better Audio Unit compatibility (Digital Performer most notably)
- Ability to use NRPN midi messages for automation
- better handling of control surfaces while changing preset
- new presets added
- midi RPN “pitch bend range” message is now recognized
- All the parameters of the original Moog Modular: 9 oscillators, 2 LFOs, 3 filter slots, 1 Noise Generator, 6 envelopes, 2 VCAs
- 16 auxiliary VCAs with modulation inputs
- 24-step sequencer
- 1 filter bank (14 bandwidths available)
- More than 600 presets, made by professionals
- Main stereo outputs
- Mono / polyphonic (up to 64 voices per instrument)
- Soft clipping function
- No aliasing from 0.1 Hz to 16 kHz
- 64-bit floating point precision
- Sampling rate: up to 96 kHz
- Playable through a MIDI keyboard
- 1 stereo delay
- 1 chorus
- Very accurate reproduction of the legendary Moog 24 dB low-pass filter
- 1 Chorus and Delay Effect section (besides 12 Stage Phaser and Ring Modulator)
- Superb audio quality with TAE® engine. 24 bits/96 kHz supported
New presets: 200 new presets to provide optimal use of the new modules.
PC/Windows: 2 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU
Mac (Intel only) : 2 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU