Single Cell Software has released Caustic Editor for Volca Sample owners.
KORG were nice enough to open up their volca sample SDK to 3rd parties so I took a few days to rip out Caustic’s WAV editor and turn it into a stand-alone, multi-platform tool that lets you import, load, record, edit and upload samples for use with your KORG Volca Sample device. It was taken from my Caustic 3.2 working branch, so it even has a few more functions than what’s in Caustic 3.1!
- Record your own samples using your device’s built-in microphone.
- Load any uncompressed, mono or stereo WAV, at any sampling rate or bit depth.
- Apply any of 16 of Caustic’s effects and preview them in real-time, then stamp down and apply more.
- Process waveform audio with Fade In/Out, Normalize, Amplify, Reverse, etc.
- Use Caustic’s C-SFXR to generate retro video game sounds.
- Trim audio precisely, down to individual samples.
- View the frequency spectrum of your audio.
Volca Sample-specific features:
- Upload to any of the 100 sample slots and keep a database of your device’s state.
- Clear all samples
- Restore factory samples
- Monitor device memory
This is not an official KORG app, it is made by me, Rej Poirier / SingleCellSoftware using the KORG volca sample SDK.
Caustic Editor for Volca Sample is available for free download at Single Cell Software website and is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Linux.
More Details/Download: Free Caustic Editor for Volca Sample