Waves in association with BSS Audio introduces BSS DPR-402, a new compressor / limiter / de-esser plugin that emulates the original BSS® DPR-402 vintage hardware dynamics processor.
DPR 402 has been heard on countless recordings, productions, and concerts since the ’80s, when it was first released.
Waves has managed to bring back DPR-402’s functions and sounds with this virtual version. The DPR 402 audio plug-in provides everything you need, from low-frequency expansion to narrow-band compression up to general dynamic equalization to create surprising enhancement effects.
Waves has also included some new features, giving you extra flexibility for dynamic control.
- An M/S matrix for separately processing the mid and sides
- A Mix control to balance dry sound with processed sound
- A Noise control for removing the noise produced by the original unit
- A Gain Reduction control
- Auto mode for program-dependent attack and release control
- Separate left and right metering
The BSS DPR-402 plugin is available in VST, VST3, AU, AAX, RTAS format for both Windows and MAC users.
You can buy this plugin directly from PluginBoutique website (link below).