Ableton updates Live to v9.2. This is a free update for all Ableton Live users and brings some new features and improvements to Live’s audio warping engine, the introduction of latency-compensated automation, a new Tuner device, and more.
Some Improvements and Feature changes:
- Added the Tuner Device to the Live audio effects.
- Added a “Start Playback with Tap Tempo” preference to determine if Tap Tempo is going to activate playback.
- Improved tempo detection for warped audio files where the tempo appears to be constant.
Improved warp downbeat detection.
- The first warp marker (1.1.1) is now placed closer to the beginning of an audio Clip, even if the that portion of audio does not contain loud transients.
- Improved the sound of Complex and Complex Pro Warp modes.
- Added the option “Warp Selection as x-Bar Loop” in the context menu when right clicking on a time selection inside an audio clip.
- Live Sets that contain Max for Live devices or third-party plug-ins now have lower latency.
- The latency introduced by a device is now displayed in the status bar, when hovering over the title bar with the mouse.
- No latencies are shown when latency compensation is turned off.
- Automation and Modulation are now fully latency compensated.
- Modifying the Arrangement loop brace with mouse or keys will not affect the current track selection, while previously all tracks were selected as soon as the braces where adjusted with the mouse.
- The Serato bridge is now compatible with Live 9.2.
- Scrub and RAM Mode are now exposed in the python API.
- Added support for the Roland A-Pro keyboard series.
- Most presets in “Sounds” and all presets in Operator have been updated to react to Aftertouch and/or Modwheel data.
- Updated 808 and 909 Kits with better sounding Kicks and Snares.
- New 606 & 808 Impulse presets have been added to the Core Library.
- Core Library Audio Clips now load with HiQ enabled and Fade disabled.
- The preferences setting “Start Transport with Record” has been renamed to “Start Playback with Record”.
- Updated lessons and info texts.
- Dropped compatibility for Windows XP and Vista, OS X 10.5 and 10.6.
- And many many bug fixes!
More Details: Ableton Live 9