1. KRK Rokit 8 G3 – $249/pair
These studio monitors are designed and engineered in the USA but build in China and is the largest model from the KRK’s Rokit series. Among the highlights of this monitor speakers is an upgraded amplifier and tweeter and the inclusion of low frequency adjustment.
Special crafted for large Recording rooms and high SPL Monitor needs, the KRK ROKIT 8 G3 will deliver a powerful punch sound, in special a solid and powerful bass sound.
KRK ROKIT 8 G3 Features:
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- Proprietary waveguide optimized for superior imaging
- 1” Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- Front Firing Port — Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- Low-resonance enclosure for minimized distortion and colorization
- Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, ¼”, RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface
- Peak SPL : 109dB
- Frequency Response 35Hz – 35kHz (+/- 2 dB)
2. Alesis Monitor 1 Active MKII – $279/pair
The Alesis M1 Active MkII monitors delivers everything that’s needed from a small monitor, and one of the best choice in the same price range for any sound engineer and music producer who need a solid, detalied sound with good tonal balance. I’d certainly be very happy to use M1s as main monitors in my own studio.
The M1 Active MkII sounds like a serious monitor, providing enough detail to let you listen ‘into’ the mix without the sound becoming fatiguing.
Features of Alesis Monitor 1 Active MKII:
- True biamplified reference monitor
- Accurate response, excellent imaging, flat-frequency range
- 6.5″ non-woven carbon fiber woofer
- 1″ silk-dome tweeter
- Audiophile-quality internal 75W (LF) and 25W (HF) amplifiers
- 2kHz crossover point
- Offset dual ports
- Magnetically shielded
3. M-Audio BX5 D2 – $252/pair
M-Audio BX5 D2 are the cheapest monitors but I can say one of the best active monitor speakers relating to the price/quality. After some researches I found that this monitors from M-Audio are the best-selling monitors in the United States (Source: MI SalesTrak®).
BX5 D2 monitors are impressively punchy and perfect suitable for any Pop, Dance or EDM music producers and engineers as the first set of monitors.
With a levlar woofer and redesigned amplifier this monitors are ideal for many for studio projects. Recording, mixing, or mastering, M-Audio BX5 D2 are very accurated and let you hear exactly what’s happening in your mixes. Very good for beginner producers.
M-Audio BX5 D2 Active Monitors Features:
- Bi-amplified design with 70 watts of distributed power
- Accurate monitoring in a compact size at a great price
- Kevlar woofers provide tight, punchy bass
- Class A/B amplifier is efficient yet highly dynamic
- 5” low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones
- Optimized rear ports for full bass response
- Magnetically shielded to resist electromagnetic interference