System80 has presented on his Youtube channel their new clone of the Roland TR-808 drum machine, named at this moment Rhythm Composer 808.
In the video below you can see that this new Eurorack drum machine is smaller, due the modular Eurorack format. It features 12 instrument channels and 16 fully analog drum voices with individual outputs.
In addition, this Eurorack version of the TR-808 drum machine comes with a 32-step sequencer, shuffle and roll modes plus controls for shaping the individual drum sounds.
The sequencer has been updated with stepwise switching between the dual drum voices (toms/congas, rimshot/claves) which allows triggering of either voice on different steps of the same sequence. The clap and maracas have fully independent triggers with a shared audio output.
For the future, the developer plans to add a trigger expander module, open hardware and open firmware.
- 16 analogue drum voices (6 single voices, 5 switchable dual voices) with global accent
- Pattern sequencer with 1-32 steps
- 2 banks of 16 patterns
- 16 rhythm tracks
- Shuffle and roll modes
- External MIDI triggering of drum voices
- 11 individual drum voice outputs + master output with volume control
- 2 assignable trigger outputs
- External sync via MIDI clock, DIN Sync or clock pulse.
The System 80 ‘s TR-808 Eurorack module doesn’t have a price yet, but we can expect to see it released in the mid-late summer of 2017. Keep close with ProducerSpot for more news and updates!